Hot Mushroom Tidbits
You can't miss with tried-and-true appetizers like this one. In fact, I've been relying on these yummy biscuit bites for more than 20 years!
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1/3 cup salad croutons, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, onion and hot pepper sauce. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; roll each into a 4-in. circle. Spread each with a heaping teaspoonful of mushroom mixture. Roll up and seal edges. Cut each into four slices; roll in crouton crumbs.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Cheesy Mushroom Puffs in Country Woman Christmas 2007