VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced pimientos
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated flaky buttermilk biscuits
- 1/3 cup salad croutons, crushed
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mushrooms, pimientos, onion and hot pepper sauce. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; roll each into a 4-in. circle. Spread each with a heaping teaspoonful of mushroom mixture. Roll up and seal edges. Cut each into four slices; roll in crouton crumbs.
- Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 40 appetizers.
Originally published as Hot Mushroom Tidbits in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p43