- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 10 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to batter; beat at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter just until butter is melted. Gradually add to batter; beat just until combined.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews forHot Milk Cake
"Made this cake. It was great. Topped it with brown sugar frosting. Everyone loves it. Everyone must try brown sugar frosting. Just cut the powdered sugar in half and it has the perfect amount of sweetness."
"I grew up with this cake and I am 77 years old. My grandmother's recipe is just about the same with a variance of 1/4 c or so here and there. I want to share the delicious topping that goes with this family recipe: 1-1/2 cups each packed brown sugar and butter, 1/2 c evaporated milk or half and half: bring to a boil to melt the sugar. Remove from heat and stir in 2 c coconut and 3/4 c chopped nuts. Spread on the warm cake and broil the topping until golden. Make this early in the day so that the flavors can develop. At potluck this cake will make you a star!!FH quilting"
"The first time that I made this cake, I used all purpose flour and all I could taste was the flour. The cake was dense even though it rose beautifully. The second time that I made this cake, I used Swans Down cake Flour and it made a huge difference in the flavor and the texture! I also used this recipe to make 36 cupcakes. I baked them at 325 degrees for exactly 20 minutes and they came out perfect! This is going to be my "go to" recipe every time I make a cake or cupcakes!"
"I just made my moms recipe for hot milk cake and decided to search for variations. I was reading the reviews and I just wanted to take the time to say please do not follow the advice given by Jacksjojo. I wish there was a way to report it. You cannot can anything with eggs, milk, or flour. Even if you could these directions are not an appropriate way of canning. Just because the lid seals does not mean that is safe. You could potentially die of botulism or worse kill someone else when you give it as a gift."
"Love homemade milk cake? Your very own naaniz is here for help! Visit http://naaniz.com/product/milk-cake-2/ and get 101% pure homemade products @ doorsteps! We are aimed at women empowerment by providing homemakers an online platform to exhibit their forte in various fields ranging from cooking to crafts, boutiques to jewelleries...Do join us and enjoy ravishing homemade products. Exciting offers for both, sellers and buyers"