Hot Mexican Dip
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (16 ounces) fat-free refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 3/4 cup taco sauce
- 2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Tortilla chips
- Crumble turkey into a large nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the chili powder, onion powder and salt; set aside. In a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer the beans, turkey mixture, green chilies, taco sauce and 1-1/2 cups cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbles around edges. Cool for 5 minutes. Spread sour cream on top; sprinkle with green onions and remaining cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 133 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 389mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jan 13, 2013
This was absolutely wonderful! I used ground pork instead of the turkey, but will definitely make it again. Maybe next time I'll use turkey. We ate this for dinner not as a snack.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.