Hot Lemon Artichoke Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 ounces brick cheese, shredded
- 1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Crackers and fresh vegetables
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe serving bowl, combine the sour cream and mayonnaise. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the brick cheese, artichokes, Parmesan cheese, lemon peel, garlic powder and pepper. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted, stirring several times. Stir in parsley. Serve warm with crackers and vegetables.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
This recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 229 calories, 20g fat (8g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 384mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Nov 21, 2012
This is delicious! I have shared the recipe with many as it is always a favorite. Although it says to not use low-fat products, I use lowfat mayonnaise and sour cream and it is still wonderful. Be sure to use fresh lemon peel as it is so flavorful.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.