- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 submarine buns, split
- 12 slices deli ham
- 12 slices tomato
- 12 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 4 slices sweet onion, halved
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first seven ingredients; shake well. Generously drizzle dressing over cut sides of buns.
- On bun bottoms, layer the ham, tomato and mozzarella cheese. On bun tops, layer the basil leaves, onion and provolone cheese. Place on a baking sheet.
- Broil 6-8 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Place bun tops over bottoms; serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHot Italian Ham Subs
"It's a good sandwich, very flavorful."
"Wow what a delicious sandwich!"
"Where are the nutritional values? These sound delicious but I need to know carbs, sugar, sodium for my diabetic husband. Rochap83"
"These are so,so Good!!"