Hot Italian Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 3 large green peppers, diced
- 1 cup white wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the green peppers, wine or broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic salt and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and let stand for 10-15 minutes; cut across the grain into 1/8-in. slices. Serve on rolls; top with green peppers. Strain cooking juices to serve with sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
May 18, 2015
I was a little disappointed with this recipe. There was nothing really wrong with the sandwiches; and I am planning to use the leftovers; there was just nothing really special about them. I may end up pouring some barbecue sauce over the meat tomorrow instead. One additional note; my cats loved the meat and went nuts over it! The rating is mine, the cats would have given 5 stars!
Nov 7, 2011
I made 1/3 of this recipe with stir fry beef strips. It had good flavor, so next time I'll make a full batch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.