Hot Italian Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 3 large green peppers, diced
- 1 cup white wine or beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Cut roast in half. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the green peppers, wine or broth, Worcestershire sauce, salt, garlic salt and oregano. Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef and let stand for 10-15 minutes; cut across the grain into 1/8-in. slices. Serve on rolls; top with green peppers. Strain cooking juices to serve with sandwiches.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 421 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 102mg cholesterol, 649mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 18, 2015
I was a little disappointed with this recipe. There was nothing really wrong with the sandwiches; and I am planning to use the leftovers; there was just nothing really special about them. I may end up pouring some barbecue sauce over the meat tomorrow instead. One additional note; my cats loved the meat and went nuts over it! The rating is mine, the cats would have given 5 stars!
Nov 7, 2011
I made 1/3 of this recipe with stir fry beef strips. It had good flavor, so next time I'll make a full batch.