Hot Ham Salad
I make this quite often for my husband. A quick, hot meal that's perfect served with dinner rolls, it's a real hit at our house.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Gently fold in the oranges. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 738 calories, 61g fat (10g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 1675mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Hot Ham Salad in Country Extra September 2000