Hot Ham ‘n’ Egg Sandwiches
Hard-cooked eggs and chopped ham take center stage in these warm sandwiches from Barbara Adams. "I have relied on this rapid recipe since my mother-in-law shared it with me," says the North Andover, Massachusetts reader. "It fits my busy schedule perfectly."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 8 hot dog buns
- In a bowl, combine the ham, cheese, onion, olives and eggs. Stir in chili sauce and mayonnaise. Place about 1/3 cupful in each bun; wrap individually in foil. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 337 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1028mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Hot Ham 'n' Egg Sandwiches in Quick Cooking January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.