These satisfying sandwiches have a delicious hearty filling. "They're simple to prepare," assures Millersburg, Ohio field editor Maudie Raber, "and great for a gathering, too."
Recommended: 21 Breakfast Sandwiches Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound thinly sliced fully cooked ham
- Lettuce leaves and sliced tomato, onion and Swiss cheese
- 6 hoagie or submarine buns, split
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Serve on buns with lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese; top with ham mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Ham Hoagies in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p64