Hot Ham and Pineapple Sub
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce, divided
- 1/3 pound sliced deli ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place the French loaf dough seam side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. With a sharp knife, cut six slashes, about 1/2 in. deep, on top of dough. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, Italian seasoning and garlic salt; brush over hot bread. Cool on a wire rack for 8 minutes.
- Split bread in half lengthwise. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Spread 2-3 tablespoons of pizza sauce over shell; top with the ham, pineapple and cheese. Replace bread top. Bake for 6-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Heat the remaining pizza sauce; serve with sandwich.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 279 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 813mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 1, 2012
I found this recipe to be very tasty. I used a loaf of french bread from the bakery instead of using a refrigerated loaf that I would have to prepare in the oven. I also spread the pizza sauce over both sides of the bread prior to baking until the cheese melted. I did not measure any of the ingredients.
Feb 10, 2011
This is a yummy recipe. I've made it several times, it tastes like a hawaiian pizza :) Good and simple recipe-very quick too!