Hot Green Rice Recipe
"Our boys don't like spinach, but they love this casserole," relates Judy Brown of Rockdale, Texas. "I think the jalapeno peppers disguise the spinach taste."
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom or chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1. In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the spinach and rice. Combine the soup, milk, jalapeno, salt and pepper; add to spinach mixture and heat through. Stir in the cheese. Pour into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Hot Green Rice
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC