VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium red potatoes, halved
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Place the potatoes in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in cold water. Cut potatoes into 1/4-in. slices; set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. In the drippings, saute the onion until tender. Stir in the flour, salt, celery seed and pepper until blended. Gradually add water, vinegar and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat to low. Add the potatoes and bacon; stir gently. Serve warm. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Hot German Potato Salad in Cooking for 2 Summer 2006, p46
Reviews forHot German Potato Salad for Two
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 28, 2013
"off the wall will do again"