- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the milk, chocolate and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until chocolate is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Reviews forHot Fudge Sauce
"Absolutely delicious and very easy to make! For our Christmas Eve dessert, I made a big, deep-dish chocolate chip cookie with caramel filling in an iron skillet and I topped it with ice cream and this delicious fudge sauce. I doubled the recipe to make sure we had plenty and I am glad I did because it was so yummy!"
"excellent! fast and easy to assemble. Tasted just like FUDGE but sauce-style."
"I was looking for a recipe for hot fudge sauce to go with some ice cream I had bought. I had all the ingredients for this sauce so I tried it. This is perfect, just enough chocolate, not too sweet and it is very creamy. This is a keeper!"
"I have this same recipe and it doesn't get any better than this. Delicious!"