VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 10 vanilla wafers
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 9 pecan halves, toasted
- 4 maraschino cherries
- For fudge sauce, in a saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and chips. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and refrigerate until chilled.
- Line the bottom of a 6-in. springform pan with vanilla wafers. Top with about 1 cup ice cream; press into a smooth layer. Top with a third of the fudge sauce. Freeze for 30 minutes or until set.
- Repeat layers twice, freezing in between layers. Top with pecans and cherries. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Hot Fudge Ice Cream Dessert in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p278