Hot Fudge Ice Cream Dessert
I have to make this dessert for all out family get-togethers because my children like it so much. It's very rich, so start with a small piece.
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + freezing
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 10 vanilla wafers
- 1 quart butter pecan ice cream, softened
- 9 pecan halves, toasted
- 4 maraschino cherries
- For fudge sauce, in a saucepan, combine the marshmallows, milk and chips. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from the heat and refrigerate until chilled.
- Line the bottom of a 6-in. springform pan with vanilla wafers. Top with about 1 cup ice cream; press into a smooth layer. Top with a third of the fudge sauce. Freeze for 30 minutes or until set.
- Repeat layers twice, freezing in between layers. Top with pecans and cherries. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 501 calories, 30g fat (15g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 216mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (47g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein.
Originally published as Hot Fudge Ice Cream Dessert in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook