Hot Fruit Compote
This simple-to-prepare compote is a tasty way to get fruit into your meal when fresh fruit is not plentiful. Perfect with ham, pork, chicken or turkey, this dish can also help to stretch a meal when guests pop in.
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 pounds apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (16-1/2 ounces) pitted Bing cherries, drained
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 package (6 ounces) dried apricots, cooked and drained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine orange juice concentrate and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Add fruit; stir to coat. Pour into a buttered 3-qt. casserole. If desired, pour wine over all. Cover and bake at 350° for 50 to 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
1/2 cup: 164 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Nov 25, 2009
I've made this for many family get togethers now and the kids devour it!
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC