Hot Drink Mix
"This is a great mix to have in the cupboard for cold wintry days," says Nancy Zimmerman from Cape May Court House, New Jersey. Using strawberry drink mix instead of chocolate makes it fun for kids of all ages. "For gifts, put it in a pretty jar and attach directions to fix one serving," she adds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 cups white or pastel miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup instant chocolate or strawberry drink mix
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup buttermilk blend powder
- 1/3 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT (for each batch):
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 15 batches (5 cups total).
- To prepare hot drink: Dissolve 1/3 cup mix in boiling water; stir well.
Nutrition Facts1/3 cup: 227 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (42g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Hot Drink Mix in Quick Cooking November/December 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.