These hot dogs zoom off the plate when turned into mini racecars. Let kids customize them with a few simple tricks. — Jenni Sharp, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Featured In: 20 Ways to Make Hot Dogs Even More Fun
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 hot dog bun, split
- 6 pretzel sticks, divided
- 4 sweet pickle slices
- 4 slices ripe olives
- 2 hot dogs, cooked, divided
- 1 miniature pretzel
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 colossal ripe olive
- 2 slices miniature pepperoni
- Place bun on a plate, cut side up. For each wheel, insert a pretzel stick partway into bun; attach a pickle and olive slice.
- Cut a slit 1 in. from the end of a hot dog; insert miniature pretzel for steering wheel. Place in bun.
- Cut remaining hot dog in half for the driver (save remaining half for another use); insert a pretzel stick halfway into
- the cut end.
- Place mustard in a food-safe plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of bag. Pipe face onto driver. Insert driver behind steering wheel. Place olive half on driver for helmet.
- Break remaining pretzel stick in half; place on steering wheel for arms. Using mustard, attach pepperoni slices for headlights. Serve immediately. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Hot Dog Speed Racer in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Reviews forHot Dog Speed Racer
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 20, 2014
"This is such a cute idea! I'm sharing this recipe with my cousin, as she has 2 boys that love race cars!"