- 8 green onions with roots
- Mustard and ketchup
- 40 toothpicks
- 8 hot dog buns
- 32 large pitted ripe olives, halved
- 16 slices process American cheese
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 radish slices
- Cut root end of onions into 2-1/2-in. lengths; dip roots in mustard. Insert a toothpick into opposite end; set aside. Place buns on plates. To fasten wheels, insert four toothpicks in each bun, two on each side. Place an olive half, cut side out, on each toothpick. Cut cheese slices into 3-1/4-in. triangles; set aside.
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions; place in buns. Insert green onion, suing a toothpick, into the center of hot dog for driver. Cut a small widthwise slit in hot dog in from of driver; insert a radish slice for the steering wheel.
- Place one cheese triangle in front of steering wheel and one behind the driver. Cut a hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; fill with ketchup. Pipe numbers on front cheese slices and sides of buns. Pipe eyes and mouth on driver. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forHot Dog Race Cars
"i love this recipe"