Hot Dog Macaroni Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise; cut into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown hot dogs over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Add onion and butter; cook until onion is tender. Stir in the macaroni, soup, water and mustard.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 440 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1041mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
May 17, 2011
To say this is a recipe on its own is a bit of a stretch. This is a great base for a recipe for dinner. I added italian blend spice as well as garlic. It came out a little dry. Next time I will be adding chopped tomatoes to make it moist. You could also do a mexican theme to it by adding taco seasoning and beans with chedder cheese. possibilites are endless!
Oct 4, 2008
This dish is a staple at our house. I'll sometimes use mozzarella cheese in place of bread crumbs. It tastes great either way! Very filling and delicious.**Sincerely**