Hot Dog Macaroni Bake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 4 hot dogs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cut hot dogs in half lengthwise; cut into 1/2-in. slices. In a large skillet, brown hot dogs over medium-high heat. Reduce heat. Add onion and butter; cook until onion is tender. Stir in the macaroni, soup, water and mustard.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 440 calories, 20g fat (9g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 1041mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 13g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 17, 2011
To say this is a recipe on its own is a bit of a stretch. This is a great base for a recipe for dinner. I added italian blend spice as well as garlic. It came out a little dry. Next time I will be adding chopped tomatoes to make it moist. You could also do a mexican theme to it by adding taco seasoning and beans with chedder cheese. possibilites are endless!
Oct 4, 2008
This dish is a staple at our house. I'll sometimes use mozzarella cheese in place of bread crumbs. It tastes great either way! Very filling and delicious.**Sincerely**