Hot Dish Chicken
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup French-fried onions
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer the potatoes, vegetables and chicken. In a large bowl, combine soups and broth; pour over chicken (dish will be full).
- Cover and bake at 375° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with French-fried onions. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 374 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 660mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Feb 2, 2016
I followed the directions as stated, except that I used regular soups and broth instead of reduced fat and low sodium. The vegetables were cool still after cooking 70 minutes, not sure if there is an error in the recipe and they should be thawed first like the hash browns or what. The dish was very bland and my family did not care for it all. Won't be making this one again.
Feb 21, 2013
Fast prep time and not expensive to make. Taste great, made in again a week later. The first time I followed the direction to a T, second time I added more chicken, more french fried onions, and seasoned more and we loved it even more.