Hot Cream Cheese Crab Dip
I like to keep these ingredients on hand as a last-minute snack for unexpected company. Sometimes I double the horseradish for a little extra kick. —Mary Williams, Lancaster, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- Additional dill weed or snipped fresh dill, optional
- Assorted crackers or sliced French bread
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, milk, horseradish, salt, dill and pepper. Stir in crab and onions. Spread evenly into an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. If desired, sprinkle with additional dill in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes. Serve with crackers or bread.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 91 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 167mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Hot Crab Dip in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2001
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.