Hot Cran-Apple Cider
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium navel orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Insert cloves into orange. Cut orange and lemon into slices. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; add orange and lemon slices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and fruit slices with a slotted spoon if desired before serving. Ladle into mugs.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 126 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 26, 2015
Loved this. Doubled it and simmered in crockpot.
Dec 12, 2011
This is wonderful! A great change from hot chocolate or hot tea. And it makes your home smell like the holidays!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.