Hot Cran-Apple Cider
This sparkly refreshing fruit drink is part of every holiday occasion I host. A tangy twist on plain apple cider, it fills the house with warm Christmas aromas as it simmers.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium navel orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 4 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Insert cloves into orange. Cut orange and lemon into slices. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; add orange and lemon slices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and fruit slices with a slotted spoon if desired before serving. Ladle into mugs.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 126 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Nov 26, 2015
Loved this. Doubled it and simmered in crockpot.
Dec 12, 2011
This is wonderful! A great change from hot chocolate or hot tea. And it makes your home smell like the holidays!