This sparkly refreshing fruit drink is part of every holiday occasion I host. A tangy twist on plain apple cider, it fills the house with warm Christmas aromas as it simmers.
Recommended: 45 Recipes to Make with Apple Cider
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3/4 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 medium navel orange
- 1 medium lemon
- 1 quart apple cider or juice
- 3 cups cranberry juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- Insert cloves into orange. Cut orange and lemon into slices. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients; add orange and lemon slices. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks and fruit slices with a slotted spoon if desired before serving. Ladle into mugs. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Cran-Apple Cider in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2004, p14
Reviews forHot Cran-Apple Cider
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review