Hot Crabmeat Spread
I've enjoyed seafood all my life and my family does, too. I first made this delicious crab recipe for a party, and I've made it many times since. There are never any leftovers when I serve it. —Sally Kerns, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained and cartilage removed
- Assorted crackers
- In a saucepan, combine the first 12 ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until the mixture is smooth. Add the crab and heat through. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 46 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Hot Crabmeat Spread in Country October/November 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.