- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Slice bread horizontally in half; spread cut sides with butter. Top with cheese; spread with crab mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until browned. Cut into slices. Yield: 12-14 slices.
Reviews forHot Crab Hero
"Very good and very easy! Definitely making it again. I can't get enough of it!"
"My mother used to do this 40 yrs ago. Was just looking for it to recall whether it was 2-1 mayo or sour cream. It's quick, easy and yummy. Use shrimp as a change. Also, I use the broiler to crisp the top for the last few minutes and keep the bun from going too hard. The old recipe we had called for longer in the oven; 20 - 25 min sounds way better. Good party app .. will do it tonight"
"Try plain yogurt, even lowfat should work okay."
"is there a substitute for the mayo that I could use? I absolutely hate mayonaise, but I really want to make this!"