Hot Crab Hero
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 loaf (8 ounces) French bread
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Slice bread horizontally in half; spread cut sides with butter. Top with cheese; spread with crab mixture.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes or until browned. Cut into slices.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 163 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 24, 2014
Delicious! My husband and I made a meal out of it by putting it on Ciabatta bread and making a sandwich with it.
Mar 4, 2012
Very good and very easy! Definitely making it again. I can't get enough of it!
Jul 2, 2011
My mother used to do this 40 yrs ago. Was just looking for it to recall whether it was 2-1 mayo or sour cream. It's quick, easy and yummy. Use shrimp as a change. Also, I use the broiler to crisp the top for the last few minutes and keep the bun from going too hard. The old recipe we had called for longer in the oven; 20 - 25 min sounds way better. Good party app .. will do it tonight
Aug 19, 2009
Try plain yogurt, even lowfat should work okay.
Dec 19, 2008
is there a substitute for the mayo that I could use? I absolutely hate mayonaise, but I really want to make this!