Hot Crab & Artichoke Dip
The addition of crabmeat makes this artichoke spread a little more special than most. The recipe proves that great-tasting dishes don't have to take a lot of time to prepare!—Emily Almaguer, x
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Gruyere cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- Cubed French bread
- In a large skillet, saute leek in oil until tender. Add the artichokes, crab, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne; heat until cream cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, sour cream and 1/3 cup Asiago cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 178 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Leek, Artichoke and Crab Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010