Hot Crab & Artichoke Dip
The addition of crabmeat makes this artichoke spread a little more special than most. The recipe proves that great-tasting dishes don't have to take a lot of time to prepare!—Emily Almaguer, x
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 medium leek (white portion only), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) Gruyere cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded Asiago cheese, divided
- Cubed French bread
- In a large skillet, saute leek in oil until tender. Add the artichokes, crab, cream cheese, lemon juice, salt, pepper and cayenne; heat until cream cheese is melted. Remove from the heat; stir in 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, sour cream and 1/3 cup Asiago cheese.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. pie plate; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with bread.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 178 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Leek, Artichoke and Crab Dip in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.