- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 to 3 teaspoons sugar
- 15 dinner rolls (about 3-inch diameter), sliced
- 15 slices Colby cheese
- 15 thin slices deli ham (about 1 pound)
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, mustard, onion, poppy seeds and sugar. Place roll bottoms, cut side up, in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Top each with Colby cheese, ham and mozzarella. Drizzle with half of the butter mixture.
- Replace roll tops. Drizzle with remaining butter mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Hot Colby Ham Sandwiches
"I made one for myself today just to try them out. It was fabulous. I am going to make them tomorrow for a work crew at our church with chicken rice soup. The only thing I changed is I left out the poppy seeds. Thanks for the great recipe."
"A keeper. I only needed to make 6 sandwiches so I reduced some of the ingredients. I also put 3 slices of ham on each sandwich because 1 seemed like not enough. The poppy seeds clumped together so I used a knife to spread them after dabbing with the butter mixture. I used yellow mustard but honey or Dijon would be nice too."
"Mmmmm....delicious! So easy to assemble, and they taste wonderful! A guest who came over for an informal meal with us raved about them. This recipe is in my "best of the best" file!"
"This is a fantastic sanwhich - all thumbs up and devoured in my house!"
"Haven't tried these yet, but they look good!"