WITH the first chill in the air, I begin thinking of hot cocoa. This simple recipe can be stirred up in no time, rich tasting and just enough for two.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 2 cups water, divided
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cocoa; stir in 2/3 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in milk powder and remaining water. Return to the heat; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in vanilla.
Originally published as Hot Cocoa in Reminisce Extra November 2007
Dec 10, 2011
I modified the recipe just a tad by omitting the vanilla. Otherwise, we liked it. My husband thought that I used Hershey's syrup. :) Nope, just Hershey's baking cocoa.
Aug 4, 2011
Great for a quick recipe!