- 5 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11 cups water
- Miniature marshmallows and peppermint candy sticks, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine the milk powder, sugar, cocoa, vanilla and cinnamon; gradually whisk in water until smooth. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- Garnish with marshmallows and use peppermint sticks for stirrers if desired. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Reviews forHot Cocoa for a Crowd
"This did not turn out well for me. I needed it ready by 6:30 in the morning so I started it at 11 p.m the night before. Turned it on low and let it cook for 6 1/2 hours. Could be that I let it cook too long, but it was lumpy and did not all melt. I did whisk in the water the night before until I thought it was all smooth. I tried to strain it, but then it just did not have a good flavor. I made 1 1/2 recipes and divided it between (2) 4 quart slow cookers. I would be willing to give it another try following the recipe exactly as written."