Hot Cauliflower Crab Spread
Many of our favorite recipes features vegetables, especially cauliflower and broccoli. This spread from my sister-in-law is a great special-occasion meal starter. —Ruth Bartman, Norman, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cauliflowerets, thawed
- 1 can (6 ounces) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed or 1 cup chopped imitation crabmeat
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped pimientos
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the cauliflower, crab, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt and lemon-pepper. Transfer to an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Sprinkle with pimientos.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and edges are golden brown. Serve with crackers.
Editor's NoteReduced-fat or fat-free mayonnaise is not recommended for this recipe.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 70 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Hot Cauliflower Crab Spread in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.