Our home economists suggest that you prepare these open-faced turkey sandwiches with leftover turkey. or pick up sliced, cooked turkey from the deli counter. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Recommended: Sandwich Recipes Across America
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick), toasted
- 1-1/2 pounds sliced cooked turkey
- 8 cooked Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, halved
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually add milk, broth and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the cheese, salt and white pepper until cheese is melted. Remove from the heat.
- Place slices of toast on a baking sheet. Layer each with turkey, cheese sauce, bacon, tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Hot Brown Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p193
Reviews forHot Brown Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 6, 2017
"Loved them! I made two SMALL changes, I used regular fresh ground pepper and thick Texas Toast. Delicious!"