Hot Brown Cheese Sauce
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon in boiling water. In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; gradually whisk in cream and dissolved bouillon. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 84 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 121mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Swiss Turkey Bites in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.