Hot Broccoli Dip
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes10-12 appetizer servings (3 cups)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (16 ounces) process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli, blanched
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 loaf (1 pound) round bread
- Raw vegetables, optional
- In a small saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Add cheese and cook over low heat until melted. Stir in broccoli and rosemary. Cut top off bread; scoop out center. Cut center piece into cubes. Pour dip into center of bread. Serve with bread cubes and/or raw vegetables if desired.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 125 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 349mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 2, 2014
What a great dip! The smooth, creamy cheesiness of this dip is wonderfully complimented by the "dance across your taste buds" zip of the rosemary! Everybody at my cousins Christmas party was asking about it! Thanks for the great recipe!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.