Hot Beef-Mushroom Appetizer
Relates Mary Jo O'Brien of Hastings, Minnesota, This creamy and savory snack smells wonderful while it is baking. It's a mushroom lover's delight."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
Makes12-16 servings (3 cups)
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 package (4-1/2 ounces) dried beef, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Crackers or party rye bread
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in cream cheese until smooth. Stir in the mushrooms, beef, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder.
- Spoon into a 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm with crackers or rye bread.
Originally published as Hot Beef-Mushroom Appetizer in Taste of Home December/January 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.