Hot Bacon Cheddar Spread
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, thyme and pepper. Stir in cheese, green onions and half the bacon. Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 13-15 minutes or until bubbly. Top with crushed crackers and remaining bacon. Serve with assorted crackers.
2 tablespoons (calculated without crackers for serving): 105 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 13, 2018
A 5 star dip. Super easy and Cheesy Good. I added extra scallions including the green tops. This dip needs some chill time and it will be good to go. Use a good grade of cheddar cheese. I grated mine by hand. I also like the way the bacon shows its face as well. Ritz Crackers are the perfect choice. The Buttery cracker really compliments the richness of this spread. I made just half of the recipe. Perfect for just 2.
Taste of Home Volunteer Field Editor. A yummy must try .
Dec 31, 1969
someone brought this in for a work day and it was very very tasty