Hot Bacon Asparagus Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 2-3 tablespoons drippings.
- Cut asparagus into 1-1/2-in. pieces; saute in drippings until crisp-tender. Add the vinegar, sugar, mustard, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens and almonds. Add the asparagus mixture; toss gently. Arrange eggs over the salad.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 243 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 12, 2017
This is a great recipe we really enjoyed with the addition of sliced Cremini mushrooms to the mix, on a bed of baby spinach.
Aug 21, 2014
Taste is exceptional - everyone that tries it loves it! I make it a bit healthier by substituting extra virgin olive oil for the bacon grease, substituted brown sugar for the white to intensify the sweet, and used baby spinach for the salad greens.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.