Hot Bacon Asparagus Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 7 bacon strips, diced
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups torn salad greens
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain, reserving 2-3 tablespoons drippings.
- Cut asparagus into 1-1/2-in. pieces; saute in drippings until crisp-tender. Add the vinegar, sugar, mustard, pepper and bacon. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- In a large salad bowl, combine salad greens and almonds. Add the asparagus mixture; toss gently. Arrange eggs over the salad.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 243 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 227mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein.
Mar 12, 2017
This is a great recipe we really enjoyed with the addition of sliced Cremini mushrooms to the mix, on a bed of baby spinach.
Aug 21, 2014
Taste is exceptional - everyone that tries it loves it! I make it a bit healthier by substituting extra virgin olive oil for the bacon grease, substituted brown sugar for the white to intensify the sweet, and used baby spinach for the salad greens.