Hot Apple Pie Sipper
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 cups hot apple cider or unsweetened apple juice
- Brandy, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar and spices until light and fluffy. Beat in ice cream. Cover and freeze until firm.
- For each serving, place 1/3 cup ice cream mixture in a mug; add 2/3 cup cider. Stir in brandy if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 serving (calculated without brandy): 286 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Jan 9, 2014
Did anyone manage to make this without the apple juice IMMEDIATELY causing the dairy to separate?
Feb 3, 2013
After, the evening skiing...Amazing with the brandy, it's better!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.