When I want to make this as an appetizer on Christmas or New Year's, I double the recipe, using one 16-ounce can of cranberry sauce. —Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington
- 3/4 cup jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Miniature hot dogs or smoked sausage links, warmed
- Sliced apples or pears
- In a small saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve warm with sausage and/or fruit. Yield: 3/4 cup.
Originally published as Hot 'n' Spicy Cranberry Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p143
Reviews for Hot 'n' Spicy Cranberry Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 10, 2013
"Did not care for this recipe, tasted too much like cocktail sauce. Probably be delicious with shrimp."
Reviewed Nov. 5, 2011
"Great dip with pretzels."
Reviewed Dec. 18, 2009
"We would definitely make this recipe again. My family loves cranberry dip and this is one of the best we've ever had."