Hot 'n' Hearty Ham Subs Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 submarine or hot dog buns, split
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1. Combine the butter, garlic powder and oregano; brush on cut sides of buns. Place on a baking sheet; broil 4 in. from the heat until golden brown, about 2 minutes. In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard and Worcestershire sauce; stir in the ham. Spoon about 1/3 cup onto each bun bottom; sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Replace bun tops. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 720 calories, 37g fat (12g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1651mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein.
Reviews for Hot 'n' Hearty Ham Subs
"In all fairness, I have not personally tasted this recipe (wasn't fast enough)...but I did bring it to a church potluck where I was told by 2 different families how tasty they were!"