This potato dish gets its flavor from a combination of light sour cream and mayonnaise, chives and a little horseradish. We even serve it at holiday get-togethers. -Melissa Merkle of Elizabeth, Illinois
Recommended: 25 New Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 2-1/4 teaspoons minced chives, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2-1/4 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl; mash with 5 tablespoons sour cream, milk, 1-1/2 teaspoons chives and salt. Spoon into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, pepper and remaining sour cream. Spread over potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chives. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Horseradish Mashed Potatoes in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p21
Reviews forHorseradish Mashed Potatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2011
"These were good, but my husband would have liked more horseradish sauce."