Horseradish Garlic Mashed Potatoes
The mild horseradish flavor in these smooth mashed potatoes make them and sensational accompaniment for a savory beef roast.—Margaret Hanson-Maddox, Montpelier, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds potatoes (about 8 medium), peeled and cubed
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Add garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain, reserving 2/3 cup cooking liquid; set aside.
- Mash potatoes with the reserved cooking liquid, mayonnaise, horseradish, butter, pepper and remaining salt.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 217 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 547mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Horseradish Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011