Give corn on the cob some zing with this recipe. Guest will be surprised how easy it will be to add flavor to an ear of corn.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 22 Ways to Eat Corn on the Cob This Summer
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 medium ears sweet corn in husks
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon snipped fresh dill
- 10 fresh dill sprigs
- Soak the corn in cold water for 1 hour. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, horseradish, salt, garlic powder, pepper and snipped dill; set aside.
- Carefully peel back husks from corn to within 1 in. of bottom; remove silk. Spread butter mixture over corn; place two sprigs of dill on opposite sides of each ear. Rewrap husks and secure with kitchen string.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill corn, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Cut string and peel back husks. Remove and discard dill sprigs before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Horseradish-Dill Grilled Corn in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p204