THIS is a great dish for spring and early summer when the chives are first coming up and are young and tender. Because of the tang from the horseradish and mustard, it is a compatible side dish to ham or corned beef.
Recommended: 5-Ingredient Fall Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/4 pounds red potatoes (about 5 medium), sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 3-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Lettuce leaves, optional
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 12-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, combine the sour cream, chives, horseradish, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, salt and pepper.
- Drain potatoes and cool slightly. Add dressing and gently stir to coat. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Horseradish Potatoes in Reminisce June/July 2008, p48