- 2 pounds carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, cream, horseradish, onion, salt and pepper; add carrots and toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Combine cornflake crumbs and butter; sprinkle over carrots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
2/3 cup: 349 calories, 27g fat (6g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 3g protein.