Horseradish Cream Sauce
This is the perfect accompaniment to your roast beef dinner. The sauce is so zippy you are sure to get so many compliments.—A Sides, Rosedale, Mississippi
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 to 6 tablespoons grated fresh horseradish root
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash salt and pepper
- In a bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Combine the remaining ingredients; fold in cream. Serve with roast beef or pork.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 53 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Horseradish Cream Sauce in Birds & Blooms October/November 2001