- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 pork chops (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) tomatoes with liquid, cut up
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside; reserve drippings in pan. Combine flour, salt and pepper; coat the pork chops. Brown on both sides in the drippings. Add potatoes, carrot, tomatoes and onion; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours, adding the peas during the last 10 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHoosier Pork Chop Supper
"This was alright, however I don't really think the tomatoes and the potatoes go together very well. I will make this again (the chops were terrific), but I might try a can of mushroom soup and a half can of milk to get the required liquid. Or perhaps a can of beef barley or beef vegetable soup? Any other ideas?"
"This is my absolute favorite way to fix pork chops. We have enjoyed this recipe many times since it was in Country magazine. Thank you."