Hoosier Corn Casserole Recipe
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced chives
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1. In a large skillet, saute the green pepper, onions, chives and rosemary in butter and oil until tender. Add bacon bits; cook 1 minute longer. Set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, cream, flour, salt and peppers. Stir in the corn, 1 cup cheese and green pepper mixture until blended.
- 3. Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with tomatoes and remaining cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 261 calories, 14g fat (8g saturated fat), 121mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Reviews for Hoosier Corn Casserole
"Was very good, I made a few changes to mine. Used pimentos instead of tomatoes, needed more salt for our taste."
"Needed a recipe to use up a lot of corn and decided to give this a try. The herbs blended nicely, not too much prep work. I liked it a lot!"
"We did not care for this. Too much cheese & the green pepper taste took over. It was an awful lot of prep work too."